What is Email Outreach?
Email outreach is the process of getting in touch with people via email. The goal is to promote our peace of content to Request back links, to collaborate with an influencer. How to send effective outreach that can email helps in boosting productivity and drives more involvement by letting the user add automatic follow-ups for reaching the campaigns.
Why Email Outreach is So Important?
Bed email outreach never gets a back link or collaboration. Here is an example
An influencer doesn’t bother to reply to you if there is a Very long description, not to the point.
Your spam folder is full of them. Don’t they?
Let’s Dive Into More Detail
First, you need to prepare a very specific to the point email. Try to concise in a way that influencers can easily understand.
Before sending an outreach email you have to understand its key benefits.
- You can develop relationships with people who are working in the same industry. You can have the opportunity to Collaboration with them.
- Email outreach can lead you to partnership, guest blogging, and many more opportunities.
- It can highly generate back links that help you in Google ranking. It can also lead you to press coverage especially when you send highly targeted emails to a journalist.
Prepare a List of Targets.
The most important thing to consider before sending an email is whom you want to send? Are they the right people? Sending an email to people who are not related to your subject is the waste of time. haha!! Here how it looks like.
With that said. Try to create a list with outreach targets.
- Set Targets: sending relevant emails is very important. Before starting to send hundreds of emails to random people, you should know your audience? Ex. Your topic is related to the garment industry. You should look for people who worked related to the same topic in the past. If you are trying to build links, then you need to reach out to the people that have worked related to similar in the past.
- Create Your List: create a spreadsheet with each target name. The reasons for reaching out to them? Mention the URL you want them to link to you. You can add a separate column about the mentioning status, whether you reached out to them or whether they have responded. (You can use an email outreach tool). Here is an example.
Find Their Email Address:
Now it is time for adding their email address to a spreadsheet that you just made. If possible then add an email address with a specific name ex.“firstname.lastname@example.org”, “email@example.com” etc. There are few tools that are helpful in finding emails like hunter.io, voila Norbert, etc. Norbert, etc.
- Hunter.io: It include email verification and You can find emails from your browser
- Voila Norbert: Helpful when reaching out to big sites and Let you choose specific people
Use (own) Templates:
People think using templates for outreach is like sending a spam message. NO, the template can save your time if you use it properly. If you want to send a large number of emails you need templates that you can modify. Now you ask but how to develop own templates? Here is how?
Start by looking online. It should be an example email template. Do not use the exact email you find online. It looks like a bed. It is not your fingerprint.
Now it’s time to add your special touch. Add a little humor. But keep it short. The subject line must be eye-catching.
Make it a second-time so that you have two different versions which you can split and compare to use better version.
Now, according to this e-mail, you can add your turn and twist.
Personalize Your Outreach Emails: Personalize is like cherry on the cake. According to statistics personalize emails are 10 times more effective than without personalizing emails.
Here is how to personalize your emails:
- Instead of using dear sir/madam, use their name. It looks very familiar. It makes the connection between you and the reader. Simply saying “HI CARRY “is 10 times more effective than dear sir/ madam.
- Mention the work you saw on their site or elsewhere. This shows that you are passionate about your work. You exactly know that who you are sending your emails to.
- Compliment them. How you love their work! Which part particularly do you like? It should be your word. Does not use copy-pest method.
It is very important that the people you are reaching out are probably very busy they have no time to read your long emails. Concise your email properly so that they can understand easily what you want to say. A long email cannot help you to get a response. Here is an example.
- Get to The Point Quickly: when is someone sending you a super long email. What is your first reaction? You don’t even bother to see.
- Use Inverted Approach: put the most important content in the beginning. Keep it short as much as you can.
Fill In Key Details. One-sentence emails that contain the only contact are as bad as long emails. Often asking for a phone call so they can tell about an idea they have. These emails have a super low response rate. They have no idea what you want. It is much better to give a quick summary of your idea in the first paragraph. If the reader is interested in your idea then congratulation! You have a call.
Don’t Follow Up or Do It Only Once. Too much follow-up is very annoying for journalists. They have to deal with so many outreach emails. I think this is true for non-journalist too. Do it only once and try to use a different angle. Add something new. As Navarro says “you have got nothing to lose so try something new.
Use an Email Outreach Tool
Here are some tools that can save your time.
- PitchBox: it has a workflow that guide you through outreach campaign
- BuzzStream: oldest and best outreach tools on the market. Good for small teams that use cold outreach.
- Ninjaoutreach: specially build for SEO and link building outreach.
Advance Tips and Strategist
- Add social media links to your email like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc. This will make a huge difference in your reply rate.
- Sometimes you are not able to find the email address. In that case, use a contact forum to connect with them. But whenever possible try to reach a person via email.
- If you are new to email outreach then you can use email finding a tool. You can be sent one by one email that can help you to understand the process. Plus, you will avoid newbie mistakes.
Example shows mistakes as a newbie. Sometimes that’s a real embarrassment.
- Use a long email subject line that can boost your open rate. It gives you a glimpse of what your email is about.
I hope that this information will be very useful. Let me know your thoughts about this? Comment below if you have any suggestions. Tell me what you like about it?